Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Square One, Genesis, Origins, Beginning. . .

Well, here I am. I never thought I would do this. Years ago when Blogs (what a weird word) started I argued that I would never get one because my life was dull and boring and no one would care about my thoughts. Now times have changed. My life is just as dull and boring as it was then, and I'm still not convinced that people care about my thoughts, but something else has arisen. Something from deep within. I am at a Crossroads (literally at Crossroads Bible College and figuratively with me starting to realize what being a man really means) in my life and I need a way of getting everything out there so I can figure things out. What things to release and what to hold onto. What to pursue and what to sacrifice.
Being pretty busy right now and not being able to stop and figure out all these things at once, I will let a lot of things out here in my blog. Please feel free to comment and come on this journey with me. I don't know where this will go, but I do know that this is what I need. Feel free to pray for me, laugh at me, cry with me (I will not cry on camera, don't worry), and give me your two-cents when it is called for. 
This will be the first of many Thank You's, but I want you to know that it is heartfelt every time. .Thank you. . .

9 comments:

Lil said...

Dear Richard,

Thank you for doing this. It is great to be able to come here to see your smiling face and hear your voice. I've already watched the video clip a couple of times in the first 10 minutes! (Thank you, Cari, for encouraging Richard to do this...and great haircut!)

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

Good gosh man I love you. I miss your face and this is helping me to not. I hope the next one is a little more info packed though. Love you (and the hair)... Julie

Elisabeth said...

Hey Richard,
Mom said "interesting!" and i thought the movie was hilarious!!! nice hair btw! later!

Andy and Cari said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Cristi Jo said...

Cari called me to tell me to watch your blog - yes, a very odd word. So, from one adopted Sparks child to another, I completely enjoyed what I saw! And I agree that Cari does do a good job with cutting hair. And the getting what you pay for... I thought that was great! So be encouraged.
Cristi

Galadriel said...

Richard,

Your facebook status motivated me to actually get on blogger again. It is good to know that you are seeing God work in your life and are willing to share your experiences with your biological and spiritual family. I look forward to seeing your life progress and your relationship with Christ blossom through your insightful blog. Thanks for sharing, friend.

~Libby

Oh, and the video made me smile too. I liked it much.

Grandma Barb said...

Hey Richard, If you're going to have a blog, you need to write on it!! I've checked each day since the first day and been sadly disappointed to find nothing new!! ):

Richard said...

Well I have been overwhelmed the past few days but I have actually been trying to put a new one up since this morning, but it doesn't like my video. A new one will be up in a number of hours, don't worry. . .

Debi said...

Hey Richard,

Just wanted to let you know there's one more woman out there reading your blog. :) This is a very nice thing to do for you mom, whom I'm sure misses you lots and lots! :)

Take care,
Debi (formerly Morgan..now Warner) :)

Richard's Musical Recommendations. . .


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones