Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Apologies & Flying papers

If I have learned one thing since getting to Indianapolis (I pray that I've learned more than 1 thing in 2.5 years) it is Tony Dungey's saying about getting things done. "No Excuses. No Explanations." Just do what you say you are going to do. Here I feel like a politician (I am the President) I guess, but no excuses. It has almost been 2 weeks, and these videos dont take THAT long to record. To be honest though, things are winding down in school and much of my focus has been there. And I did go on vacation for a week of that and Thanksgiving was in there (which I had 3 dinners that weekend, which didnt leave much time for this), but these are not excuses, this is just me filling you in.
This is also me saying, I won't promise another one in this post. I promise I will post again (Lord willing), but I can't give you an exact time frame. It should be less than almost 2 weeks, but once again, not going to promise. . . . . .ok it will be less than 2 weeks. promise.  Until then, enjoy and comment to your heart's content. Thank you once again for supporting me and taking interest in my kind of odd and very unbelievable life.
In closing, I did want to say that God really is good. Since I didn't post over Thanksgiving, this should kinda be that too. I know that I am blessed beyond recognition. Every morning I wake up and I thank God for everything. Families both here in Indiana and back in California, a place to live, friends who encourage me and keep me looking forward, food in my fridge, running water, opposable thumbs, a nice new bed someone gave me FO FREE, about a billion other things that I could probably go on for longer than any of you would care to read for. But if you are reading this now, I appreciate you and am thankful for you. I know the people who read my blog (am not thankful for Mr. Blog who named this website) and I want you to know that, to steal a line from Wicked "I know I'm who I am today because I knew you."
More than anything else, I thank God for Him being God. I thank Him for grace and mercy. For His love that enables me to love Him and others in return. For never leaving nor forsaking me. For revealing that I am nothing without Him (and I am fine with that, because I never plan to be without Him). I know that if suddenly I became like Job in the Old Testament and everything gets taken away for the rest of my life, I would have nothing but praises for Him. Thank you Father. . .  

8 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

Looks like you need a haircut....

Lil said...

Hey, Richard,

I resemble that remark regarding your mom that worries---isn't that what moms are all about? Are you sure you are only 6'2"? Seems like last time I saw you--you were taller. Are you sure you are not at least 6'3" tall? I love you. Can't wait to see you during the Christmas break. Love, Mom

Heidi Stone said...

Wow, I LOVE the face you left us with. Very nice.

Thanks for answering all my peculiar questions. I have to agree - Mike Smith is....well....the best professor on the planet. And you can tell him I said that. Ya know, I have to say, I don't miss a lot about being in school, but his classes....his classes, I DO miss.

Galadriel said...

Richard, I must say that you are amazing and that I've missed watching your videos these past couple weeks. It's good to hear from you again. Oh, and thank you for answering my question and for offering your services as a nanny. If I do have quads, I'm calling you.

Cheers!

Richard said...

Cari- I say all that and that's it?

Mom- You're right, I think I am 6'3" by now. .I think. . .

Heidi- You are quite welcome, it was actually a lot of fun. Mike Smith is one of my favorite people on the entire planet. What was your Maiden name? I will tell him you say Hi on monday. . .

Gal- Because I appreciate you and the gentlemen who shall remain nameless, I will cease and desist praying for quads for you (most of the time, it might slip every once in a while). Hey, God said to be fruitful and multiply. And you guys will be such good parents, you should have a bunch. So thats my thinking. Anyway, we shall see in time. . .

Andy and Cari said...

That is weak sauce my friend.

Andrew Chastain

Heidi Stone said...

RICHARD:

My maiden name was Schild (pronounced "shield"), but I was married halfway through my first semester with him, so he probably knows me either way.

Praying for you this week. Hope your finals go well and you have a great trip/visit to Cali!

Richard said...

HEIDI!! GRACE & PEACE!! I totally talked to Mike Smith today and I told him that I was in a sunday school class with a girl named "Heidi. ." and before I got a last name out he knew who you were. You didn't tell me that you were a fellow Grace & Peace Member. I took the Romans class last year. He said that you were quite the theologian and he actually uses your answers as examples to show other students what a good answer looks like. He said he saw your daughter a few years ago, but said that you need to stop by and say hi soon. He is the man!! So anyway, go ahead and stop by school soon. We get back into school in January and I think he would love it if you were to say hi and maybe even sit in on a class. anyway, Thanks for your prayers. Grace & Peace. . .

Richard's Musical Recommendations. . .


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones